Thursday, May 14, 2015

So I was thinking...

In between stuff for the Maddox Vale universe, which is a yet unpublished work (or works really) which is always swirling in my head and the latest entry in an Anthology for my writer's group, I texted someone and realized... I'm out of touch.

I don't keep my phone on and even my familial unit has problems reaching me if I'm not in another room. I was wondering why I do that, and I realized I do it because I have the unrelenting need to answer immediately. 

Stop what you're doing and pick it up now immediately. 

Maybe it has to do with what I do for a living (cause writing won't pay the bills) or maybe it's just that childhood fear that I might miss something that my mom always insisted I have. Whatever it is I have to answer a phone or text or even Skype message right away.

So it's off. All the time.

I always said I wanted to be a hermit. You know, living in a cave, all by myself. With internet connection and Fedex or UPS delivery of course.

Maybe this is my own self imposed exile. I'm not sure. 

I am sure that phone is not going on anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment